Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is as Cowboy as we get!

My grandparents started the tradition of taking me and my brother to the National Western Stock Show every year when we were little. It was something that we looked forward to doing as it was always a sort of birthday present for the both of us. Our birthdays are a week apart and it is ALWAYS in town in January, every year. As we grew older it wasn't a "cool" thing to do and my grandparents got older so we didn't go for a long time.
Well as all of you know after we have kids all of those things came back into style! I have brought back the tradition of taking my kids to the Stock Show and they love it! I think I have gone for the past 7 or 8 years now but it still isn't as fun as it was when I was little. I guess I didn't notice the crowds back then and I didn't have to pay for anything!!! Oh well, my kids love it and Jax is asking if we can go back to "that zoo" tomorrow. Maybe we will get back there next week and see the draft horse show, without the little kids, cuz you know they have the attention span of an ant.
I would love to get my kids into 4H but I dont see that happening anytime soon. I can just hear the neighbors now.......

"Jefferson County animal control, how can I help you?"


"Um yes, my next door neighbors have a pig and a cow in their back yard, is that legal?"



Like I said, The Stock Show is as "cowboy" as we get out here in the burbs!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Every year when we go to the state fair, I make my children walk through the cow and sheep barns with me. I LOVE farm animals. Not in a creepy pervert way, but in a cows are sute way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda miss going to the stock show!

    BTW- I love the new profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the name Jax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like out county fair. My kids love the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes it is! We see lots of cowboys over here in our 'burb during the Stock Show!
    What a great tradition you have started with you kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin