Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Monday, January 26, 2009

On a cold winters day..............

In my dreams I would lay in bed and watch t.v. or read a book. My kids would be content to do the same and dinner would magically prepare itself and greet me in bed. Bwaaahaahaa. That's hilarious isn't it?
No!!!! I got up at the butt crack of dawn, got the kids ready, took one of them to school (I think it was so cold this morning the clocks froze, cuz we were late), I went to the doctor, came home and cleaned while waiting for naps to finish, went to the bank and grocery store, came home and started making dinner, did laundry, blogged, cleaned some more and it's only 4:30 in the afternoon!
What's for dinner you ask? Well on a freezing ass cold day (high of 15) I made beef (stew ?) from a new recipe I came across and then I adjusted it a bit. It's the perfect comfort food!
Here you should try it one of these days....................

1 lb stew meat (already cubed)
2 cans beef broth
1 sm can tomato paste
1/2 sm. onion diced
1 garlic clove minced
1 lb sliced mushrooms
2 lg carrots, sliced
1 cup red wine
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onion in some olive oil. Dredge the meat in flour and add to the onions. Brown, adding salt and pepper to season and more oil if it starts to stick. Pour in the red wine to deglaze the pan and let cook for a minute or so. Then add 2 cans of beef broth and 3/4 of the tomato paste. Simmer for an hour (on med low) and add the carrots and mushrooms. Simmer another hour. You may tweak this recipe any way you wish. I added Acini de pepe pasta, it made a nice texture. Garnish it with Parmesan cheese and chives and enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Hey you have the same dreams as me! I keep dreamin'. I love beef stew on a cold winter day. I'll have to give this recipe a try. Looks yummy!

    I hope you don't mind if I follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um Yum!!!THA looks great!
    It must have felt god to get all that don today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. What a great twist on beef stew (one of my family staples in the winter)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked great! Nicce work being super productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look good, usually I find beef stew too bland. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow!

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks and sounds scrumptious (hmmm how do you spell scrumptious?)

    Anyway- yummmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats, this is the first recipe I have ever actually copied down and will make. I don't what you said to make me do it but you did it. Yummy. I can' t wait.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin