Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Slaving away and thankful

It's the night before Thanksgiving and I have been slaving away in the kitchen for 3 hours now. I decided that I am not going to spend my holiday rushing around cooking and cleaning and forgetting to get myself ready before our guests arrive!!! Nope not this year, this year I am going to be prepared and relaxed.
This will be our first Thanksgiving with only my family and 1 grandparent. We had no idea when baby Phoenix was going to arrive as his due date was yesterday and we weren't sure if we would be spending the day back and forth from the hospital. So I made plans to have a small dinner at our house with my Grandfather in law and just have a relaxing day. I have made the stuffing, the potatoes are peeled and cut ready for cooking and the turkey is thawed, the green beans are cleaned and the house is kind of clean.
For those of you who know my family you know that there is no such thing as a small affair! For those of you who dont here is a scenario of any family function......I am one of 22 grandchildren, 21 great grandchildren, 14 aunts and uncles, plus my parents and my brother who now has extra family to count!!! That is just my mothers side.........it's a good thing my dads side equals 2! If you think of inviting just one or two cousins the others will hunt. you. down. If you think about inviting certain aunts or uncles the others will hunt you down and throw a fit to make you feel so guilty you could cry. Therefore any family get together includes about 50 guests! 50 wild, loud, laughing guests that eat a shit load of food. This is how you can imagine a Thanksgiving dinner with EVERYONE there! We tried it and it looked similar to this...............................

Now you understand why I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. Nice and quite.

2 comments:

  1. You always throw such a good party! Gobble gobble! Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy T-Day! I can feel your pain! I am one of 122 first, second, and third cousins-- not counting aunts, uncles, etc. We tried to do small also!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin