Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stuffed Peppers

I am back from the dead! I know I promised to do a cooking video but I just didn't get around to it from bed and we had 2 deaths in the family. I did however get to take some pictures from the beginning of the week when I made stuffed peppers for dinner. They turned out pretty good and the hubby was very grateful (it's his all time favorite dinner)!

Here's what you need.......
5 bell peppers any color
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 onion chopped
1/2 cups cooked rice
2 cans tomato soup
Shredded cheddar cheese

Cut the tops off of your bell peppers and clean the seeds out of them. Start cooking your rice while you are prepping the food. You may use long grain or minute rice.
Brown the hamburger with the onion, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and drain the fat off. Combine the rice, beef and tomato soup.
Fill the peppers with the mixture and top with shredded cheese. I like my peppers a little crisp, not mushy so I do not blanch them before filling them. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the peppers are to your liking.

You may serve them with anything you like, I was just being lazy and figured the family got all of their food groups in one!!!!

11 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of the deaths in your family and your extended bout of illness. Hope you are all recovering - physically, emotionally :(

    I love stuffed peppers. I like to bake them with tomato sauce poured on top rather than cheese... but the cheese looks good! How about both? My family tends to look at this dish as a wasted opportunity to have meat loaf, so it doesn't happen often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! This is so funny that you posted this recipe!!!! I made this EXACT same thing for dinner! I will have to give you a shout-out on my blog post tomorrow on my recipe blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuffed Peppers ROCK!!! Yum yum!! I think I may have to make those now, you are making my mouth water with your pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! That's something my mom always cooked when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! You totally just gave me a wave of nostalgia! My mom used to make these as a kid all the time! With some spanish rice! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this recipe as stuffed cabbage. An oldie but a goodie. Never tried the pepper one.

    You been sick or somethin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so yummy. Believe it or not, I have never tried a stuffed pepper. Ever.
    This looks simple and simply delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!! I havent had stuffed peppers in years. I will have to get these in the oven at my house

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are one of my hubby's favorite meals too. I add frozen corn to ours most of the time. So yummy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I haven't made this in a long time...think I'll add it to my menu next week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin