Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday's meal

Well baseball season officially began today, so it's time for me to start coming up with meals that I can make early in the day and have ready for when we get home late after practice. Basically Monday's and Wednesday's will be pre made dinners or crock pot dinners!!!
Today I made Mostaccioli and I baked it so that when we got home all we had to do was warm it up. Prep time 20 minutes, cook time 20 minutes.

Here's what you'll need

1 1lb box of mostaccioli noodles (penne works too)
1 lb Italian sausage, any brand you prefer. I use mild
1 8 oz bag shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar marinara sauce, any brand you prefer
1 small container small curd cottage cheese
Boil your noodles in salted water until tender and brown the Italian sausage. While those are cooking combine your spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese. After draining your noodles and sausage add them to the mixture. Place it all in a casserole dish and top with the whole bag of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy. I serve mine with salad and garlic bread.

9 comments:

  1. Mmm! Looks yummy!

    I am only still learning to use my crockpot - altho I''ve had it for years - as well as making baked casserole dishes 'on-purpose' instead of a way to throw together leftovers. When I worked, our mornings were insane, and we didn't get home until 7-730pm. While we had a nanny, she couldn't cook! So our meals had to be freezer-to-table in 15-25 minutes or less from the time I walked in the door. (Rice is 20 minutes so we ate a lot of rice!) I was good at that, but this whole concept of having time to set something up during the day... even if it is to be finished after activities in the afternoon, is still a new concept for me. Fun experimenting though :) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll try this for my son! Or replace the meat with chicken (the only meat I eat)...this doesn't really look low-calorie though! :)

    I love the recipes that come with pictures - they make me more inspired to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good and sounds easy. I am going to give that a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious. I may have to try it someday. The only meats I know how to cook are chicken and hamburger. I've been wanting to find an easy recipe to use some other kinds

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good! I think it would be a hit here - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really good. AND my kids might actually eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that I found dinner for tomorrow night! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks yummy. We are close to starting ball season. This year I was a little sad thinking I wouldnt have any baseball to watch- both my boys are playing golf this year. Monday Gracie brought home a sign up sheet for T-ball. I squealed with delight- and even put my name down for Asst Coach

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't live w/o my crock pot!! I know what you mean about making meals ahead of time!
    Thanks for sharing the receipe.

    Take care!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin