Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Friday, March 27, 2009

Just what my cold frozen body needed

Ummmmm brrrrrr freeze
We ended up with a total of 15.5 inches of sloppy wet snow. Tonight was one of those nights made for soup. Not just soup from a can, but soup made from scratch (or semi scratch). We have been freezing for 2 days now and I needed to warm up. Yesterday I started the makings of chicken noodle soup by throwing some pre marinated (roasted garlic and herb) chicken in the crock pot and cooking it all day until it fell apart. I saved all of the juices and shredded the chicken. I also made chocolate chip cookies and banana bread, so check out yesterdays post too!Today all I had to do was put it together. I don't go by any recipe so here's what I did. Chop some carrots, celery, potato and onion and saute them in a little bit of oil for about 10 minutes on medium heat, season them with salt and pepper. I added the juices from the chicken and about 12 cups of water. To give it a lot more flavor I use a chicken stock paste (2-3 tablespoons), half of my shredded chicken, some oregano and a bay leaf and pasta. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes and enjoy. I made a crusty garlic bread to go with mine. The kids loved it and I am all warmed up! I think I will use the rest of my shredded chicken for sandwiches smothered in warm BBQ sauce. Yummm.
Now that I'm all fat and full I am joining Ann for a virtual girls nite out. If you want to join and meet some new bloggy friends click here! It's a nice relaxing environment where you can pull up a chair, grab your favorite cocktail and a bowl of soup and lets have some fun!!!!

If I had my choice of any drink to I think it would have to be a frozen margarita and a sunny beach to go along with it! But since I dont have a sunny beach I would love a hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. Instead I'm having a beer and getting ready to slip into my comfy fat clothes. Enjoy your evening, I know I am.

16 comments:

  1. I can't stand snow. Homemade chicken noodle soup......yum! Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup looks so good. I hope that snow melts quickly and the sun warms you up. Have a fun time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i'm here from VGNO. The soup looks so good! I made Roasted Red Pepper soup the other day, it was really good too! Definitely a soup from scratch kinda day around here too, and I pretty much never have soup from a can (except tomato).

    Anyway now I want more soup... ;) Should dig out my Hamburger Soup recipe and see if I have all the ingredients...yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have always been SO good with soup! I remember back in our first apartment (when we were 18- scary), when you used to make chicken and rice soup and I was just freakin amazed at it! LOL! Can I come over and grub? Miss you in times like these. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by!
    I hope nicer weather comes to you soon! They mentioned we MIGHT get a few flakes tomorrow, but I hope not! Your soup looks so yummy! Happy VGNO =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! that is a lot of snow!!! the soup looks sooo yummy!!! thanks for sharing the pics...now i have to go make something to eat..lol!!! thanks so much for stopping by tonight, enjoy the party. Happy VGNO

    ReplyDelete
  7. 15.5 inches of snow?! Oh, you poor thing! But WOW that soup looks and sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try that - those noodles are the Princess Nagger's favorite, so I bet she'd love it too! :)

    Stopping by from Ann's - loving your blog and following you! ;)

    Happy VGNO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you're talking. I love snow and good food. Yum. Happy VGNO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homemade soup, YUMMY!

    Snow? Hope it starts warming up for you! Think Spring, think Spring...

    Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that recipe. I think even I can make it and I've never attempted soup before. I'm going to do it! I really am.

    I really like it here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll bet that warm, yummy food really hit the spot on your "snow day." Can you believe it's almost April and still snowing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like some awesome soup!! Makes me hungry! I guess I'll go make something to eat now!!

    Take care!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know right...I love me some comfy clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't tease us and not invite us over for soup! That looks so yummy! Sorry about the soupy snow though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing better than home made chicken noodle soup- especially on a cold day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin