Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks day


I have never really celebrated this holiday, at least not recently. Now that I have kids I don't really get to go out and drink it up. I tried making corned beef and cabbage last year and my hubby wouldn't touch the stuff, my kids looked at me like I was crazy and needless to say I had a lot of leftovers! I thought about doing it again tonight just to piss them off, but I guess I'll be nice. Now I don't know what the hell to make for dinner. I will make the effort to dress my kids in some sort of green and attempt to make them believe in leprechauns although I don't know if they are old enough yet. Shay on the other hand has outgrown that stuff. That kind of makes me sad to think about, it proves that he is growing up and will be all mature (yeah right) in the next few years. I'm guessing that I will need to come up with some sort of St. Patricks Day tradition.............so I want to hear from you guys, give a girl some ideas, what do you do????

7 comments:

  1. Lucky Leprechauns leave golden coins around the house for all to find, and somehow you could incorporate an Irish blessing, like you could put cute little cards on everyone's plate before dinner...or something else even more creative as that..!!What is an Irish blessing you as?? Well, on would go something like this..."As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction."....or "May you always have courage to take a chance
    And never find frogs in your underpants."


    H a P p Y

    S t P A t R i C K S D a Y

    um..ps...your word verification for the day was condomy...hmmmmmm that's a weird one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Irish Blessings from Synergy Girl!

    I don't really have any St. Patrick's Day traditions.....now that I'm too old and responsible to party it up.....HOW SAD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had corned beef...cabbage yes ...lots of left overs Ha Ha Ha

    I don't have any suggestions for traditions but you could turn the kids milk green (a few drops of food coloring)...that would get you ready for April fools
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made spaghetti tonight. Nothing unnaturally green. I did make a shamrock out of extra dough on top of the rosemary bread though. My neighbor gave us VERY green cupcakes for dessert.

    I woke them up this morning by drawing 4 leaf clovers on their arms (pic on my blog) so they would be safe from pinching leprechauns (and other classmates).

    I save corned beef and cabbage for New Year's torturing. Through experimentation I've found that they like corned beef, but not cabbage. They like the cabbage best if I cook both in the crockpot... meat on top of the cabbage. Yes, it gets funny colored and probably TRIPLES the calories by absorbing all the fat, but it does taste good. The beef is traditional, the cabbage is for 'folding money', and black eyed peas are to keep bad luck away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did not do a darn thing, just watched people at work wearing those green vomit clothing.... other than that, uhm... nothing really : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about green eggs and ham for dinner???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin