Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wordful Wednesday, Saying goodbye

Today we celebrated the life and loss of the root of our family. Marie Antoinette Lean was my grandmother, she would have been 91 years old next month.

She was the last of her immediate family outliving her parents and 10 siblings. Born to a Chippewa Indian mother and a French Canadian father, she and her siblings were raised in North Dakota on the Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation.

A wife and mother of 8 children, grandmother to 21, great grandmother to 24 and great great grandmother to 1. She was the root of our family, the lifeline really! God had different plans for her when she left her quaint life on the reservation and onto Indiana to be a nun. Yes you heard me a nun!!! She decided she was homesick and returned to the reservation and met my grandfather. That's how it all began! She lived a long, loving and wonderful life and she will be truly missed by all.

We love you grandma, now you can go be with your family and the angels.

I have changed my music in honor of her and her heritage. I hope you enjoy it. For more Wordful Wednesday's go visit Angie at 7 clown circus.

On a lighter note, my 100th post will be on Friday and I'll have a contest/giveaway, so stay tuned!!!

20 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss. You have my prayers for peace during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribut to an amazing lady! My prayers will be with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss ...what a great life she had and the memories you have to keep her spirit going!
    You two look a lot alike.

    Congratulations on the upcoming 100!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing life! She was blessed to be so loved and honored by all of you. Thank you for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, I'm so sorry for your loss! She sounded like a wonderful person, and although it's hard to say goodbye, she is in Heaven now. May she rest in peace.

    Ok, these damn hormones are kicking in and I am totally crying for you and this music. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry that she is no longer in this life for you to hold and see and talk to. Rember alway that she is watching over you and your family whata gift tht is to know..

    I bet she was just a wealth of information and a blast to talk to. I can only imagin the storis she told you while setting at her feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds like she was an amazing woman. Love the first picture of her. Interesting to see her picture side by side with yours. You two look very much alike. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry for your loss, but want to add that this was a beautiful tribute to her. I love the photos of her as a younger lady. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing, but glad to know that she is in a better place tonight!
    I think that you look JUST LIKE HER!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss but what a wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those pictures of her. Your genes run thick- she looks just like you! Wish I coulda been there to hug you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. What a wonderful tribute post you did for her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very well written, she sounds like she was an amazing lady! (a nun??)
    The pictures are so fun to see too - I love getting a glimpse into the past.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet tribute to your grandmother. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She sounds like such a wonderful woman. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful tribute to her. Sounds like she will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful tribute to your grandmother. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eek! My mom stopped by from the link to you on my blog and said:

    my great grandmother was a Chippewa Indian and married a French Canadian--and they lived in North Dakota. And the Turtle Mountain Agency is the one we belong to!!!!

    very interesting coincidence!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She sounds like an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about your loss. This post is a very sweet tribute to her. And the second picture of her looks a lot like you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin