Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Friday, July 31, 2009

VGNO

Well the hubby took the night off work, so I thought I would spend some time blogging while the kids harass him instead of me!
I decided that I'm going to join in the VGNO being hosted by Ann. I'm so excited and I LOVE her theme tonight! Where would you rather be???

Here in Colorado, we have completely missed our summer so far. We have had a few warm and nice days here and there but nothing like our typical summers. Yesterday I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt freezing my tush off! Today was suppose to be nice and so we attempted a trip to the swimming pool; where we got rained out! This weekend is the hubby's police vs. fire football tournament and luckily it's suppose to be in the 80's and dry. Here's hoping. So needless to say, I would love to be on a beach. I'm not picky, just as long as it's warm and summer like.
Sitting in a comfy chair, with the hubby and some drinks watching our kids play in the sand would be perfect!

My drink of the evening would be a...........
Blue Hawaiian

3/4 oz. Light Rum
3/4 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Blue Caracao
3 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 oz. Sweet & Sour Mix
Preparation:Combine all ingredients and mix well. If using ice, mix the ingredients in a blender. Serve in a tall glass. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and a cherry. Mmmmmm, sounds so yummy!

Have a wonderful weekend and a fun evening blog hopping, thanks to all who stopped by to visit!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, that looks pretty freakin' fabulous!
    Happy friday and happy GNO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have warm, dry days ahead.

    Happy VGNO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our summer here in Michigan has been crazy too. So so so delightful, but really not warm enough to swim...but I will take 77 and sunny anyday over 90 and 100% humidity. LOL
    HOpe it stays dry for the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be on that beach with you! Sounds heavenly.

    Happy VGNO Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try and push some of this hot weather over to you. Hope your summer warms up soon. Thanks for the kind comment on my blog.

    Happy VGNO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I'd love to see Colorado someday. Probably when it's summer here and the temp rises up to 110 F. I'd be ready to see some snow then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab! And did you say a cop v. fire game? Where shall I go? Or just promise to take pics...LOTS of pics.

    The drink is delish. I like mine with Malibu :)

    Happy VGNO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be on that beach too. I hope we don't have anymore rain! Enough is enough. I love those drinks. I've had those in Chinese places before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we haven't had much of a summer either. I could sure use that blue hawaiian!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin