Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Enchilada Casserole


This is a good, easy dinner to make ahead of time and the family loves it. I double this recipe so that I have enough for left overs!

I serve it with steamed rice and refried beans. Heres how to make it......................
1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg chili seasoning (any flavor or temp you like)
1/2 onion diced
1 lg pkg corn tortillas (cut into 1" pieces)
1 16oz pkg shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream
salsa

Brown the beef and onions then drain off the grease. Return to the pan and add the soup plus 1/2 can of water and the chili seasoning. Bring mixture to a simmer and turn off. In a deep casserole dish start layering the ingredients, starting with the meat mixture just to coat the bottom of the pan. Next a layer of tortillas, then the cheese. Repeat this sequence up to 3 times, ending with the meat mixture. Use the remaining cheese to top it off.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let the casserole cool for about 10 minutes before cutting, this lets it set a bit. Serve with your choice of side dish and garnish with sour cream and salsa.

I hope your family enjoys it. Just a hint, it tastes even better the next day!

6 comments:

  1. Yum. Looks simple enough for me to make. THanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! Thanks for the sweet comment!! Not looking forward to having to go Back to get them worked on! Happy day to you!!hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds yummy. I haven't tried cream of mushroom with this type of dish. Sounds good though. My kids are burrito fanatics these days. I often make burritos one night, then combine the leftover meat, black beans, refried beans, etc., into a casserole. Maybe add a can of corn. Then top it off with corn bread mix.. usually mixed up with shredded cheese, sour cream, and an extra egg. Bake it until golden... it's good for at least another two meals! (well, for now, kids are growing and leftovers don't stretch as far) Now, I know to try cream of mushroom mixed in too. Mmm! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I just ate dinner and then I stared at this and now I'm hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day! This looks yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks yumm. Love your new look

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin