Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary


My sexy husband and I went out to dinner for our anniversary (#4) last night and had a great dinner. We started out with a big glass of red wine and beer. Of course we couldn't decide on an appetizer so we got 2 - Calamari and a Bruchetta sampler. They were both awesome and we just about finished them off. Bad idea, I was already full and I still had my dinner to eat. I ordered Gnocchi with a spicy red sauce and Italian sausage. My dh got a 14oz. strip steak topped with Gorgonzola, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus.

It was an awesome dinner and it was so nice just to be out by ourselves. No kids, adult conversation and heavy rich Italian food. Who could ask for more? Us! all we wanted was a bed (yeah I know what your thinking.....sex all night?) We hurried to pick up the kids and made our way home. We put the rugrats to bed and rushed up to the bedroom where we stripped in the blink of an eye. Of course we did we had to alleviate the growing pressure in our guts!!! Yeah we were hot and bothered alright, my heartburn was enough to make me puke and I felt like a freakin helium balloon! Yes you heard me right, we ate sooooooo much that we barely made it to the sitters to pick up the kids. I was so stuffed and sleepy I felt like wrecking the car. We were so bloated and exhausted that we were in bed by 9:00.

We ended the evening gassy and falling asleep to the CMA's. Guess we will have to make up for the missed activities another night! Love ya honey, Happy Anniversary and I can't wait to get old with you! Oh wait I think we already are.

4 comments:

  1. That's great...my husband and I do the same thing sometimes. Big plans for date night and then after dinner we kank them all and go to bed...to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a HILARIOUS ending! You're too funny!
    My hubby and I went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary dinner. By dessert, we were laughing at how full we were but determined to finish every little morsel! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kinda night! LOL! Happy Anniversary to two of my dearest friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- We've had a few nights like that. We call it a food hang over.
    I tell you what, I can hardly go out to eat anymore without getting sick later that night- and I dont over endulge myself either.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin