Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Friday, January 29, 2010

It's Friday and VGNO!!!!

After a very long week of crawling around my house and enduring severe back pain I can say TGIF because I'm upright and walking again even most of the muscle spasms are gone. Thank God.

I think I deserve a VGNO! Kids are going to bed early and I'm going to sit in lovely peace and quiet. So welcome to the party, grab your drink and do some blog hopping. Sign in over at Ann again and Again's Mr. Linky and say hello to everyone that's playing!

I don't know if I should be drinking while taking Flexeril so I guess I'll stick to a virgin drink tonight. This is what I decided on...........

Chocolate punch

4 oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups hot water
2 quart milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1 quart club soda
1/2 pint heavy whipped cream


In a large saucepan combine the chocolate and sugar with the hot water. Bring to a boil, stirring for 2 mins. Add milk, and continue heating. When hot, beat in vanilla with a rotary egg beater or whisk. Remove from heat. Chill, then pour into a punch bowl over ice cream. For sparkle, add club soda. Top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon. This will be perfect while making dinner! Tonight's dinner will also be tomorrows cooking 101 lesson, so check back and see what I make.
My music selection for the night is by Train and the song is Hey, Soul Sister. I love this song, it puts me in a better mood!


Everyone have a wonderful weekend and Happy VGNO!

6 comments:

  1. Happy VGNO from Bubbles Featherbottom.

    Your drink selection sounds DIVINE!

    Have a nice weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, I hope the booger problem gets better soon too lol! I am glad you are able to walk around now, that can't be fun having muscle spasms. Hope you are having a good VGNO and have a lovely weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch to the back pain! Glad to hear that the pain has gotten a little more manageable for you.

    btw... the drink recipe looks heavenly!

    Happy VGNO, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Soul Sister!! I was singing along to that in my car today while running errands!! Good stuff!

    Happy VGNO! And thanks for stopping by...I am in Fort Collins...

    Nice to meet you! I will be seeing you around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That drink looks awesome!!! I am totally going to have to try that sometime. :) My whole family will love it I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song too! How in the world can you not sing and dance along, right? :->

    Happy VGNO Nicole!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin