Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Thursday, September 25, 2008

More than a bad mommy moment

I don't know what my deal has been this month but I have been a lazy ass. No other way to put it. It has been a BAD MOMMY MONTH.

Last month I was all motivated and made three separate "lists". The first was a daily schedule....from the time we woke up to the time we went to bed, there was something that needed to be done. Nap time, cleaning, playtime, homework and dinner time....and all of the other shit us moms do. Second there was a list of daily chores for the kids to do, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Nothing too complicated just enough to help me out around the house. Third was a list of daily chores for the adults to do. Things that need to be done every week that sometimes get forgotten about for far too long. Toilets, sheets, windows, bathroom rugs.... This was going to make my life so much easier and keep things organized and my house somewhat clean everyday. These lists are all hanging on the fridge and laminated with a dry erase marker to make sure all has been done and marked off. Pretty simple huh?

He he, yeah right. It stuck for about a week and then it all went to hell.

My house looks like a bomb went off in it. There is a pink ring growing in my toilets and the bathtub has turned a gross color of grey. I don't know how, cuz the kids are lucky to get a bath every few days. There is mail, paperwork (that gets sent home from school that you wonder about throwing out or not), medicine, cameras, toys and who knows what else piling up on my island in the kitchen and to top it off where in the hell did all of these freakin toys come from?!!! And the laundry could go on and on and on. Yes my house looks like a family of pigs live here.



Not only that but I just can't get the motivation to sit down and do homework with my child. I have really slacked off with that. I feel really bad about neglecting my children but I feel like I am in slow motion! Shay came home from school last week and our conversation went something like this.

Shay - " Mrs. Dawkins says I have to turn in my reading log for August".

Mom - "What? What reading log? I have never even seen a reading log!"

Shay - "This one, on the back of my homework calendar". The one he pulls off of the fridge and flips over to reveal a months worth of slots that are empty.
Mom - "Oh shit, I didn't even know this was there!"
Shay - "It was due last week"

Yes I had a really bad mommy moment. I had no idea that I was suppose to be logging how many minutes he read every night and that if he read less than 300 minutes for the month he got a 1 (equalling an F) for a reading grade that month. So I frantically write the teacher a note explaining that I never bothered to look at the back of the homework calendar. Sorry! I felt like an ASS.

Anyway, I think today I finally got out of my funk. I was able to cross off most of my chores that have been neglected and my house is livable again. Yea! From this moment on a promise to not neglect my house and children anymore!



Has anyone else had one of these longer that normal "moments"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin