Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lets get cooking 101 preview

So I'm in the process of starting a new weekly cooking post. Once a week or maybe more I will be posting a video blog with a simple cooking lesson with me and or my kiddos.

The goal of this is to get the attention of young readers and or readers who don't cook very well and would like to learn from the comfort of their computer! We're going to start out simple and I do mean very simple. Starting at the basics and working our way through the cooking world, one recipe at a time. I feel that learning to cook is an essential for everyone. Not only is it more affordable than going out, it's healthier too. When you know how to cook it makes you happier and then you can spoil the people you love and impress the ones you are learning to love!

Here's where you all come in. I want your ideas and requests! Send me an email (cozynic@msn.com) if you have questions or if there is something you would like to learn how to cook. Send people my way and I will love you forever :)

I'm very excited about this and I look forward to hearing from you all, but I do have a question for anyone who knows the answer. I have posted videos before and it seems like they take a LONG time to upload, even if its only a minute and a half long. So how in the world do I get a 10 minute + video to upload??? If anyone has any advice for me I would really appreciate it, if not, this project may take a long time to get up and running, literally. I tried to upload to youtube and it was just as difficult, is it me???

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it! I'm not much of a cooking person but hopefully I can learn some things!

    For the videos, I'm not sure how you have done it in the past, but I upload to photobucket or vimeo and then just cope and paste! It has never taken me more than two or three minutes no matter the length of the video. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. upload the video to onetruemedia.com and then you can grab the code and embed it into your post. Much easier.
    Sounds fun, I am terrible in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't learn to cook with my mom - I really didn't like her cooking! I am pretty much self-taught - and randomly at that. I do pretty geood at 'food', not so much with dessert, but I am trying. I love cookbooks, and have asked so many questions at restaurants that (I kid you not) I have been invited into more than one kitchen to hang out with the chef! Saying that, most have my cooking has been 20-30 minutes or less, fridge to table type foods, as I have spent so much time as a worker bee. I am now learning to use my crock pot, and this whole concept of 'plan and make ahead' is truly alien! I would love to hear tips in those areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - i knew I was forgetting something! - supplies. What do you find essential? I wing it so often that I am often amazed when I stumble across gadgets I should have tried YEARS ago! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great adventure i really look forward to seeing this!I hope it works out, and as far as the video ugh I wish I knew

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I am super impressed that you are ambitious enough to attempt such an awesome thing...you go girl!! Second, I was using the updated blog poster, and I have liked it for the most part, until today, when I realized that the video feature isn't even on there...kinda a bumber!! They haven't made blogsphere that "posting friendly" if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so exciting! I'd love to see healthy recipes with a meat base. :)

    DId I tell you I moved?
    http://www.sevenclowncircus.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin