Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Simple and Quick Cheesecake

I got this recipe from my sister in law and it's really easy and turns out so yummy!

Here's what you"ll need:
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 small can sweetened, condensed milk, using only half of it
2 eggs, room temperature
1 graham cracker crust. You may choose to make your own or buy one already made.

To make your own use one package of graham crackers and 1/4 stick of melted butter. Throw it all in your food processer and pulse it until it's a fine grind. You may add more butter if it's not sticking together. Press the mixture into a pie pan and use the bottom of a glass to tamp it down.

Now that you have all of your ingredients pull out your hand mixer or you stand mixer. Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.

There is a certain way to do this (I learned the hard way) so do this exact!

Start by putting the softened cream cheese into the bowl and blend on medium high until it's smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. Add 1/2 of the can of condensed milk and blend another minute then add the eggs one at a time until well blended.
Pour the mixture into your pie pan and gently tap it on the counter to burst any air bubbles. Bake it for 20 minutes. It will not get a browned crust on it, but to know when it's done you can shake it slightly to see if the middle wiggles. If it wiggles, turn your oven off and keep the door closed, letting it cool down and cook at the same time. This way it wont crack on the top. After 10 minutes, open the oven door and let it cool down slowly.  Place it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.

I wasnt paying attention to mine and it cracked!!

Top it with any sort of sauce you'd like! I made a blackberry sauce.  Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that recipe seems very easy indeed. I always remember my sister in law spending a long time making cheesecake. I will try this next week and surprise my wife.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be thinking about you this weekend with your 1500 EGGS! W.C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh a blackberry sauce? Sounds so yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin