Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bloggograhy Challange and Cooking 101, No mess No fuss Dinner

Well now that I'm working at night AND taking the kids with me, I need to make dinner at like 2 in the afternoon and it has to be something that I can put into Tupperware to reheat. I want it to taste good and still be healthy for us.

Last night I made smoked sausage, rosemary potatoes and onions. I usually put green peppers in it, but I couldn't find a single one in the grocery store! I don't know if it had something to do with the crops or if I was just blind.

I didn't feel like making a big production out of it so I made it as easy as possible, it turned out great and I'll be making it like this from now on.

You will need......

1-2 pkgs. smoked sausage
4-5 large russet potatoes
1 lg yellow onion
1 green pepper (if you can find one!)
salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary
3 tbsp butter
1 lg casserole dish or deep dish pan for the oven

Considering that I have 3 boys and a healthy husband we could probably do 3 pkgs of sausage!
Start by slicing it up into 1 inch pieces. Cut your potatoes and onions into large chunks. Melt your butter and stir in about 1/4 tsp of each seasoning. Toss all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until it's well coated. Put it into your baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. Try to mix it up a little bit half way through cooking to get it all evenly browned. Serve and enjoy!
On another note, Lolli over at Better in Bulk is hosting her bloggography challange: shutter speed. Here are some of the shots that I got while playing with Riley on a beautiful winter day!

5 comments:

  1. I love your action shots!! And I love your dinner...that's what we're having for dinner tomorrow! No joke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinner is one of my FAVORITES! So easy and just yummy. Nice action shots too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that looks good, I wish my picky eaters would eat it! I like the last action shot the best, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great dinner idea! I'll have to make sure I pick up the ingrediets this weekend. It's been awhile since I visited your site...enjoying taking a look at it again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin