Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Friday, December 5, 2008

Split lips and cookie dough

Yes that about sums up my day thus far. We are having a cookie party at my house tonight and I have been making cookie dough all morning in preparation for tonight's fun. There will be 4 moms and 9 kids making holiday cookies in my tiny kitchen. I figured I would make it a little easier to maneuver if some of the stuff was already done. I'm excited about it and I think we will all have a good time. I am making Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies, Cassie is making Spritz cookies, Nanette is bringing Peanut Butter dough and Sunita is going to surprise me! Then we will all trade some.
In my household these should last us about a week and you can find the remainders on my and the husbands growing asses! In the past few years my sweet tooth has grown as big as my spare tire or should I say muffin top has. I will blame that on the Hubby, I never used to eat sweets and now I eat them a lot more than I should. People always tell me "your soooo skinny, you make me sick". But you know what..............those people don't see me nekkid. They don't get the pleasure of seeing my roll hang over my jeans because I do a very good job of covering it Nor do they get to see the ever growing cellulite on my butt. I don't enjoy letting it hang out and I am sure people are thanking me for it! Anyway I have gotten completely off the subject.

Riley has had one of "those days" today. He started out the morning by falling from his chair and smashing his face on the table splitting his lip. He got over it and ran around the house with a growing fat lip this morning and then Jaxson got home from school. It wasn't 5 minutes and they were fighting and wrestling and Jaxson popped him in the lip! Oh did Riley ever cry. Then we had to take Eleyna to school and as the kids were running ahead of me I watched (in slow motion of course) as Riley trips over his snow boots and hits the blacktop with his face!!!! I swear to god people are going to start to think I beat him. He is now taking a nap with his beat up face and it is only 1:00 in the afternoon. I think I might make him wear a helmet for the rest of the day. Seriously.

For those of you who have a sweet tooth and would like to partake in the muffin top growing contest here is my recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! Hey that's what the holidays are all about right? It is for me anyway, I love my food and I will eat it all day if you let me and now that I have a sweet tooth I WILL enjoy my cookies too! I need something to keep me busy before summer, so I will make a point of working off all of my enjoyment before bikini season arrives!

1 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar packed
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
4 oz. grated Hershey bar
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal (measure after blending)
2 cups flour
12 oz. chocolate chips (I mix dark choc and white choc chips)
1 1/2 c. chopped nuts (any kind and it's optional)
Blend the oatmeal to a fine powder. Cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients slowly to make sure it is all combined really well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts last. Bake 375 degrees 10-13 minutes or until a light brown. Cool and enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Muffin-Top growing contest, I am cracking up here!!! Poor little boy beating hisself up. My son automatically yells "I'm ok" when he falls because he does it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh your poor baby, split lips are no fun! (as you know) with boys they are bound to happen. I think sometimes it is harder on mom than it is on the child!
    Thanks for the comment about JJ's birthday, having your youngest turn 2 is hard. It is like you said I can't believe my baby isn't a baby anymore. Ugghhh I still think of him as my baby though, he will always be my baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe. :) I got a muffin top for my first anniversary with my husband. I told him that for Christmas I want a gym membership. :) I was much like you. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Love the Christmas decorations too. Have fun with your cookie cooking!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love cookies - muffin top you are going nowhere. :) I'll have to try out that recipe - today is cookie baking day in our house.
    Thanks for your kind words when you stopped by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY! I've got something for you on my blog. Check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We baked sugar cookies this weekend for the holidays ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some friends and I had a cookie baking day last week. It was fun,b ut we've been passing ickies around here so there are surprisingly lots of cookies left to eat.

    I hope Riley's lip is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor baby! What I want to know is why none of my friends through Cookie parties! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin