Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wordful Wednesday & Yummy Rice Recipe

Well, so far this summer break we have been keeping busy! This week we've been to a gloomy wet car show. Yes, it was very wet and cold the whole weekend! It rained cats, dogs GTO's and Buick's :)
Today we went to Bellview park. I had never even heard of this place until last week. I've lived here my whole life and never knew it existed! Boy have we been missin out. In the park there is a train that the whole family can ride and a petting zoo with your typical farm animals, a creek with little beach areas for everyone to cool off in and a ton of picnic tables to hang out and eat your lunch at! Not only is it fun....it was cheap. $15 for all of us to ride the train once and go into the petting farm. The kids had a blast and whined about going home, so we had to promise to come back!


We've been doing a whole lot of grilling now that it's getting hot out and even though I didnt want to turn the oven on tonight, I did, because I was craving this dish with my dinner! This rice is so simple it's ridiculous! It's great any time of year and goes with just about everything and it's perfect for potlucks.

You'll need the following ingredients

1 1/2 c. raw long grain rice (I use white, but brown would be good too)
1 can Campbell's beef consomme soup
1 can Campbell's french onion soup
1 stick of butter
1 small package pre sliced mushrooms

Here's what you do

Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
In a medium saute pan, melt the butter on medium high heat. Add the rice and continually stir it until it turns a light golden brown.
Transfer it to a medium size baking dish and add all of the remaining ingredients.
Stir once, cover and throw it in the oven! In 30-45 (check it, it's done when all of the liquid is absorbed) minutes you will be eating the best rice ever! If you have picky eaters you can omit the french onion soup and do an extra can of the beef consomme or leave the mushrooms out.

I hope your family enjoys it!

For more wordful Wednesday posts, head over to seven clown circus and say hello to Angie!

4 comments:

  1. The rice recipe looks DELICIOUS and so easy, and that park does look like an absolute gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys have been having a ton of fun! What a great park!

    That rice dish looks delish!!

    Did you change your blog look? It looks different from the last time I was here. Very nice! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That park looks like so much fun!! And the rice looks and sounds yummy! :)

    WW: The Games We Play

    ReplyDelete
  4. That recipe looks awesome! I love mushrooms and am going to give this a try!

    And that park looks fantastic. My bestie lives in Greely and I keep thinking I'm going to get up there one of these days!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin