Those who enjoy my insanity..........

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Philippa Gregory

Philippa Gregory....If you know who she is then you have probably read her books. If not, let me tell you, she is a wonderful author and her books are entertaining, educational and a little risque.

My cousin turned me on to her after suggesting that I read The Other Boleyn Girl (aaahhh, now you know what I'm talking about) and I fell in love with her as an author. Not only did I fly right through the book, I also learned a few things. I was never one to be interested in history but when you add a little mischief into it, it can be very interesting!!! Just kidding, but her novels are based on the history of England and the times of King Henry and the many Queens to rule after him, religious battles and treason.
I have read 3 out of 7 of her 16th century series. The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance, and now I'm on The Queens fool and from what I have heard they only get better. So, get your booty's out there and read one or more of her books!
Photos courtesy of Philippa's website.

5 comments:

  1. I am not a big reader...but those do sound good. Va Va Va voom:) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been one to read those kind of books, but I think I might pick one up and try it out. Sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    Take care! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read those! I love history. Glad to hear they are as awesome as I hoped they were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely heard of her, but never read any of her books. Sounds interesting. I have "Wolf Hall" staring at me from the book shelf, but I am avoiding eye contact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard those are really good but have yet to pick them up. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin